The Vision Rehabilitation Programme aims to work towards the improvement of the quality of life of our visually handicapped clients through specialized self-help services that help them to raise self-esteem and to gain self-reliance to cope with integration into mainstream society.
This is done by helping them to develop their support system, foster links with the community, learn new skills and more importantly adopt positive attitudes towards whatever situation they find themselves in.
Casework and Counselling
- To help visually handicapped individuals and their family members adjust to visual impairment
- To help visually handicapped persons cope with family or interpersonal problems
Information and Referral
To offer information and advice to visually handicapped persons and their family members on the appropriate resources available in the community, such as special schools for early intervention and job placement services; and to provide referral where necessary.
- Financial Assistance and Food Ration Programme
- Home Improvement Scheme
- Elderly Activity Groups
- Developmental Vision Programme
- Purchase of Assistive Devices
- Orientation & Mobility Training
- Activities of Daily Living Skills Training
- Community Living Skills
- Environmental/Home Modification
- Sighted Guide Techniques
- Caregiver Training
- Day Care Centre
8.30 am to 5.30 pm (Monday – Friday)
For further information, please contact our Social Workers at 6251 4331 ext 131 or ext 126.
You can also email us at email@example.com