SAVH Nomination Committee
Additional Information of Candidates as Exco member
- Many thanks for your interest in contributing to the SAVH Executive Committee.
- The Nomination Sub-Committee would encourage you to provide 1 introductory video and 2 documents to let members understand you better.
- Please submit the video and documents together with your nomination form by 13 August 2021, 4 PM, to the Honorary Secretary, Ms Lyn Loh at: HonSecretary@savh.org.sg.
- Due to limited webspace and bandwidth, please observe the time and word limits of the respective documents.
- This additional information is not compulsory for your nomination but will provide more information about you, so that the membership can make an informed decision when deciding which candidates to support at the election.
|1: Introductory Video [Not more than 2 minutes.]|
- Record a 2-minute video introducing yourself and your aspiration for SAVH.
- Your video will be reproduced and circulated to members on the SAVH website before AGM.
- Please ensure that your speech is clear, and the video captures your face.
- If you need help to record the video, please approach Mr Chong Kwek Bin @ 6251 4331 (ext 701) for assistance.
- Please observe the time limit of your introductory video. If your video exceeds the time limit, it will be cut at the 2-minute limit and followed by the words ‘video cut at time limit’.
- Failure to provide an introductory video by close of nominations will not invalidate your candidacy; instead, the words ‘video not received’ will be published in the space where your video would have appeared.
|2: Curriculum Vitae (CV) [Not more than 3 pages]|
- Please provide a CV stating:
- your education attainment
- your profession and work experiences
- your expertise or experience relevant to Exco’s work
- Any past contributions or awards
- Your CV will be reproduced and circulated to members on the SAVH website before AGM.
- Please observe the page limit of your CV. If your CV exceeds the page limit, it will be cut at the 3rd-page limit and followed by the words ‘CV cut at page limit’.
- Failure to provide a CV by close of nominations will not invalidate your candidacy; instead, the words ‘C V not received’ will be published in the space where your CV would have appeared.
|3: Election Statement [not more than 200 words.]|
- Please provide an election statement describing why you think you should be elected. You may wish to address the guiding questions below when preparing your statement: your reason for standing as an Exco member, and the skills you could bring to this role.
- Guiding questions:
- How do you think visually impaired or blind people can be enabled to become full and participating members of society?
- What are your thoughts around visually impaired and blind people managing their affairs in leadership positions in SAVH and how can they be supported to do so?
- What is the expertise you bring and how can you then contribute to the mission and vision of SAVH?
- What do you think are the present strengths of SAVH and how do you think they can be improved or developed?
- What do you think SAVH should aspire to be/do in 2030?
- Your election statement will be reproduced and circulated to members via the SAVH website before the AGM.
- Please note that in the interest of fairness, the Nomination Sub-Committee makes every effort to ensure candidates’ election statements are reproduced exactly as they have been submitted. Therefore, please check your election statement carefully for any grammatical or spelling errors before submitting it.
- Please observe the word limit of your election statement. If your election statement exceeds the word limit, it will be cut at the word limit and followed by the words ‘statement cut at word limit’.
- If you do not have access to a computer and/or email, and can only provide a hand-written election statement, please ensure it is clear and easy to read in order to avoid the possibility of error and misinterpretation. You can write it on a separate piece of paper and attach it to your nomination form. Hand-written statements will be scanned and uploaded to space where your statement would have appeared.
- Failure to provide an election statement by close of nominations will not invalidate your candidacy; instead, the words ‘statement not received will be published in the space where your statement would have appeared.
- The Nomination Sub-Committee reserves the right to refuse to publish your election statement if it is factually inaccurate or contains libellous material.
Many thanks for your interest and hope to hear from you soon.
Singapore Association of the Visually Handicapped