The Singapore Association of the Visually Handicapped (SAVH) is a Voluntary Welfare Organization. Our vision is to promote the needs, interests and aspirations of the visually impaired.
SAVH invites committed and competent individual to join our team of professionals in advancing the well-being and aspirations of the persons with visual handicapped in Singapore. If you are looking for a career that is both challenging and rewarding, our organization is the right place for you.
Following positions are available. Interested applicants, please send full resume with salary expectation to:
Service Technician (Assistive Devices Centre)
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Provide diagnostics, technical support, maintenance and repair of assistive devices and electronic equipment in accordance with the Association’s service standards and targets
2. Clean, check, test and refurbish assistive devices and electronic equipment in line with standard procedures
3. Replace parts and components and keep detailed, organised records of all diagnostic, repair and maintenance works
4. Maintain a working knowledge of a diverse variety of assistive devices and electronic equipment to enhance and improve that knowledge with new models and new industry standards, practices and technologies
5. Maintain technical work station(s) in a clean and orderly manner to ensure safety of its users
6. Assist with data input and maintain records as required
7. Provide telephone and e-mail support to end-users and clients
8. Assist with additional ADC duties as appropriate.
1. ITE or Diploma, holding an Electrical and Electronic Engineering cert or equivalent preferred
2. Minimum 2 years working experience in related technical workshop or laboratory
3. Passion to learn and explore devices, and willing to upgrade skills through relevant training
4. Preferably with general IT skills to assist with adhoc IT support when needed.
5. Salary range from $1,800 to $2,500